It’s getting to that time of year where I’m trying to remember what I’ve got hidden away in my drawers. Craft projects that never saw a proper finish. You may remember that I stitched a lovely blackwork piece for the SAL, from September 2020 through to April 2021 ( I think) and, when I had finished the blackwork, I said I imagined it as a wall hanging or table runner for the festive season.
Well . . . the finish has begun!
It didn’t actually begin very well – see those two red triangles in top corner! I’d carefully made some cute little HSTs (half square triangles) to add a border around the edge, but when I sewed the borders on, I realised triangles should have been leaning the other way on opposite strips.
And I had the same problem on a different corner – oops. Out came the unpicker, and I had to sew a long and short band of triangles again.
With these right angle triangles, there was no way I could get all four corners looking the same, because of the lean, but I could, at least, make things look more balanced.
This is how things looked once I’d sorted out the triangle bands, added a slim white border, and with the length of green I plan on using for the binding. So, next job is to sandwich & quilt. This piece should be finished soon. I’ll hopefully be able to share the happy dance on 28th November so SAL members can see the finished piece! The blackwork design is called “Tiny Treasures” by Elizabeth Almond of Blackwork Journey. It was a free download, and a pleasure to stitch.