It’s been too hot here to do much crafting but I have finally started work on finishing my zodiac blocks, in very short sessions.
I did actually get blocks all quilted back in April but then they were left in a pile as I couldn’t decide what fabric to use for my QAYG strips. After 2 months of walking past the pile of blocks and fabric, I decided I just had to stop second guessing myself, and to get on with it! I’ve kept things very plain, which is quite unusual for me! I didn’t want the front to be too busy, because I spent an awful lot of hours cross stitching those zodiac designs, on 20 count aida, so I’d like them to really stand out.
I’ve used a milky chocolate brown on the front . . . it’s what I used for backing fabric, and I’m even using it for my 1″ strips on the back too!
So, when I say plain – it really is going to be plain on the back! Anyway . . . with 12 blocks to this quilt, I assembled first into pairs. And then I assembled pairs into panels of 6.
All I need is a couple more sewing sessions to join both panels, and then to add binding. Stay tuned!