This is moving away from my usual needlecraft projects . . . but I wanted to share a happy dance with my first finished full-coverage diamond painting. The husband might not have taken to this hobby, but I most certainly have!
I bought this on @m@zon on 19th Feb, it arrived on 23rd, which is the date I began.
Very pink, very girly, I know but I was looking for something as my first practice piece and this particular kit had really good feedback on the site, including lots of photos of the finished item, by thoughtful & contented customers. For 9.99€ I decided it was well worth the hours of fun I’d have sticking down all those dots. Above is what I got for my money. Printed canvas which is protected by a plastic sheet, to keep the glued surface underneath nice & sticky. This design has 30 symbols, so 30 different colours which meant 32 little sachets (because there were 3 sachets of the most frequent colour). A plastic stylus pen, tray and square of wax, plus a few mini zip-lock bags.
I was quite surprised at how fast it worked up.
That was progress after my first session. And after that, I just couldn’t wait to sit down every evening and do some more.
Until finally, I reached the bottom and had a finished piece.
If I counted correctly, this design is charted as 85 x 156 which means it containes a total of 13260 little “diamonds”.
Am now toying with either buying a frame, and putting it under glass or giving it a coat of varnish to make sure the dimaonds stay in place, then finishing with 2 rods (top & bottom) to be hung. In the meantime, I’ve already ordered in the next project . . . and I’ve had a few kits sent to both Mrs Tattoo and Lindashee because they say they’re willing to give it a go.