Last month I showed you the beginnings of another amigurumi
‘Manfred the Mouse”, a pattern by Pii_ Chii and published in
Well, I’m am very pleased to be able to introduce you to my finished Manfred.
He was lots of fun to hook, and I am really pleased with how the bright neon green of his dungarees contrasts with the denim blue of his other bits.
He’s got a cute pink tail (husband reckons it could have done with being longer, but I followed the pattern).
Manfred can even give us a little wave because I put a short length of pipe cleaner into each arm (although that wasn’t suggested in the pattern).
I finished his little dungarees off, with two “sheep” buttons. I realise they’re not really to scale, but they’ve been in my button stash for years and I think they liven up Manfred’s outfit.
It was a very interesting pattern to follow. Marked as “easy” in the book, which is fair enough, but in my opinion would be too tricky for an absolute beginner. I really loved how the dungaree effect was obtained. Basically using green for most of the body, and then crocheting small bands for the straps, as well as extra bits which made little “cuffs” to slip over the legs before attaching. All very cleverly thought out by¨Pii_ Chii. I also love Manfred’s nose . . . which was fiddly to manage but well worth the effort.
I’ve already begun work on my next crochet critter . . . won’t tell you what I’m making next except that I’ve begun hooking in shocking pink lol.