After the success of crocheting a red slouchy beanie . . . I set to work on the second myboshi kit I had bought.
A grey & pink striped beanie. Kit reference CR067K.
Whereas I had worked the red slouchy in spirals, I felt I really needed to follow instructions and hook this in the round because of the colour changes and stripes. Instructions weren’t a great help and my first attempt looked very messy at the back
I had a vague idea what I’d done wrong, so got confirmation from Avis, and tackled it again.
Still doesn’t look very good to me, but I’m not frogging again. It looks fine from the front and sides.
This is GI-Jane modelling the new beanie. You may have noticed, I’ve only got 3 pink stripes, not 4. This is because I decided the beanie was getting too big. This is the second myboshi pattern I’ve followed, and the second time I’ve had to alter the number of rounds. They really work up too big length-ways not width-ways.
Here they are side-by side. One normal beanie on left and one slouchy on the right.
And modelled on plastic heads. As mentioned in previous article on myboshi . . . the yarn is lovely to work with, but I’m not happy with their instructions and feel the kits are over-priced for what you get. Now I know what I’m doing, I’ll rely on patterns and ideas I find on the internet. I’ve understood how to calculate hat size using some simple maths and head circumference. The world of beanie hooking opens up before me!