The other week I said I had been busy with some secret sewing . . . and today I can reveal one of those projects. The sneak peek photo I showed you was this (the rest was all done before my shoulder trouble)
I was given those cat fabric squares at a patchwork club I belonged to, before our move, and originally began to add bands to make something with a 3D effect. Then the house move happened, they got stuffed in a drawer . . . and in between, I had moved onto machine sewing rather than piecing by hand.
When I came across these squares again, I didn’t like my initial choice of colour at all. Blue and cream – much too drab! So, I picked out two orange fabrics, and set to work to make something with these cats.
That’s much more to my liking ^^ . . . and after that, some fun with Juki and quilting
and a very conspicuous cushion cover (which is square but I seem to have taken photo from a wierd angle)
This was made for second son and his girlfriend as a ‘’”thank you” present – they know why ^^