I am having such fun with my sewing machine! After managing to make myself two pairs of PJs, I said I was going to tackle a proper top that I could wear out and about . . . and I did.
Here’s a zoom on fabrics first, because they’re prettier than the model ^^ Two lovely blues. The top one is from the Moonlit Sonata collection and the butterflies are from the Color Program range. My blue binding around armholes, isn’t a terrific match in daylight (looked fine in my sewing room) but I don’t think I could have found anything closer unless I made it myself.
Now for a full view . . . are you ready?
a back view first, of yours truly who really should make herself a hair appointment . . .
and a view from the front ^^ I am really pleased with the way it turned out. My seams are pretty neat, my pieces all matched up nicely, and I like the slightly bell-bottomed shape the extra band gives to the tunic.
A reminder of the pattern I’m using – the red one on the smiling brunette ^^
Next thing to work on is: size. This is still a little on the “comfortable” side, meaning a little loose around the yoke and shoulders. I’m going to have another attempt using the same pattern, but doing it a size smaller. Doris is wider around the shoulders and back than I am, so she’s not being much help as my dummy so far.
Anyway, I’m having a whale of a time The most time-consuming part for me is the choosing of fabrics and then pinning and cutting out the pieces. Since I’d already made this top twice, the sewing part was plain sailing. I didn’t sew anything on back to front this time and it was extremely motivating to have made an item of clothing, from start to finish, in one day.