I’m not quite finished yet BUT I have made quite a lot of progress today with my Disappearing 9-patch quilt top, so wanted to show everyone ^^ It is so exciting, and such fun, to be finally making something with my sewing machine . . . I’m definitely hooked, and my brain is already buzzing with ideas of what to make next. Mustn’t get ahead of myself though – need to finish my first project ^^
Today it was pouring with rain – the perfect excuse to stay indoors. Avis had given me more advice about the next stage. To square off all my blocks nicely before I attempted cutting. Which is what I did. 33cm square. All except for one block when I had a brain bloop and for some reason cut it to 33cm x 32cm ooopps! Just as well I had made a “baker’s dozen” when I was sewing my 12 blocks, so I had a thirteenth to hand lol. Once that was done, I had to cut each block into quarters, thus
So I ended up with 48 of these smaller blocks. I was going for a “scrappy” effect with this quilt, so I then laid them all out on the floor 6 x 8, turned them round, and moved them about until I was happy with layout. Then it was a question of sewing everything back together.
Now it’s not perfect, so I haven’t zoomed in too much, because I don’t want you see all the iffy bits lol but I am pleased with the result.
Avis, my number one cheer leader is still talking me through things. Next stage will be to add an outer border – but that probably won’t be for a few days yet.