Patchwork club started up again after the Christmas break and since I didn’t feel quite courageous enough to start quilting my 9 block sampler, I decided to begin a newer, smaller project (just to get me back into the swing of things). New project is going to be cushion-cover-size . . . and I’m planning on assembling this and using this as my trial quilting project before I tackle the larger sampler.
One of my resolutions for 2013 is NOT to go spending money or buying new crafting materials, which explains my choice of fabrics (the beige and red are leftovers from my sampler). Didn’t get much done during the afternoon – just had time to cut my 9 fabric squares, then trace and cut my other fabrics and assemble one “window”.
I hope to find time over the week (or weekend) to do the other eight, and will then decide on fabric for the sashing.