2013 is one week old, and I’m proud to say that I already have one finish – yay. Only a small one though. On the evening of 1st Jan, I decided to stitch a “laladoll” a monochrome design by Isabelle Vautier which is available to download for free on her blog. I just grabbed a piece of aida (lacking inspiration and energy to go and look in my fabric stash) and used a Threadworx thread for the body and Venus 2344 for the hair. I was originally going to use a blackish-brown for the hair but decided to stick with blues . . . and I’m rather glad I did because I think she looks pretty all in blue.
She now needs a good iron and to be finished off into something. I kept a really nice chocolate box from xmas, and am thinking about sticking her on the lid of the box and turning it into a little storage box . . . but that will need some thought before I tackle that.
No sooner had I put the last stitches to my little laladoll, than I was wondering what to stitch next. My mojo is feeling decidedly floppy since xmas and while I have loads of charts in mind of new projects, I still couldn’t find the energy it takes to go through my thread stash to sort out necessary colours. So, I took the lazy option and went for a rummage in my kit stash instead. Don’t have many kits, so it didn’t take me too long lol . . . to decide on one that I bought about 10 years ago (yeah, okay, I’m a hoarder).
Here are the first stitches
I have begun with the Indian Maiden but will, of course, stitch the Indian Brave as well. Designs are very tall and thin – each piece will be around 50cm tall – and I can already imagine them hanging together somewhere around the house, possibly with a “bell pull” kind of finish rather than framed.