I’m on a roll this afternoon and my sewing machine has been whirring away. A really simple finish for a Nancy Pederson blackwork piece that I altered slightly, adding “Bienvenue” instead of the original text. I stitched this ages ago and originally I just slipped it in a wooden frame for photos, before shoving it in the bottom of a drawer. Today, however, I have finished it off as a wall-hanging. I used a deep marbled burgandy fabric and a matching pompom. Didn’t quite have the right colour ribbon but I thought this “plum” went quite well because it picks out the shades in the Threadworx threads I used.
I need to ask my other half to find me a nice piece of wooden dowling to varnish to hang it properly . . . for the moment I have used a pair of wooden chopsticks lol. As usual, with my machine stitching, it’s far from perfect, but if you don’t look too closely, it does the job ^^