I know I’m a day early with my WIPocalypse post, but I can’t see me getting much stitching done between now and tomorrow so took a few snaps shots and decided to post now while I think of it.
Progress is less spectacular than last month and I only had one happy dance – however, when I look at my photos I did actually do more than I thought. So here goes.
“Vert Campagne” – haven’t yet filled in the geese eyes or done the back stitch but hopped straight to a third square so I almost have three pigs.
“Christmas Spirit” (Joan Elliott) has spent ages in the hoop, but only a few stitches here and there since the beginning of the year. I don’t know why because I LOVE this design. I think it’s a problem of following the chart with a cat on my lap which is slowing me down.
“Rêverie au jardin” (Les fils de mimie) started as a SAL mid-March. I’ve almost completed stage 2.
Easter Egg SAL organised by Liselotte. I stitched 6 little eggs (two the same) and finished them off into little bags which I have filled with small choccie eggs. Am thinking they can be filled with lavender after Easter and be stuck in underwear drawers lol.
A big thank you to Avis, my patchwork guru of Oh Sew Tempting who has nominated me for another award.
I’m going to be a naughty blogger and only fulfill two of the three requirements. First is to link to the person who nominated me and add the picture (done).
Second is to write seven “interesting” things about myself. Mmmm don’t know about interesting, but I have come up with a list of a few things -up to you to decide if they’re interesting or not.
1. I have recently discovered a passion for macadamia nuts (who cares about the calories?) and will munch away at any time of the day or night.
2. I excel in the art of procrastination (my naked, faceless Tilda bunny begun last year is living proof).
3. Although I can’t sing in tune, I LOVE singing. Anything from The Carpenters to Jessie J, and when I forget the words I just repeat the chorus over and over and over . . . (now how annoying is that?)
4. I can’t drive and sing at the same time lol. The other day, I took the wrong exit on a roundabout and ended up doing a long diversion to get home.
5. I wear jeans every day.
6. At bedtime I have a little ritual with Le Bleu (our youngest cat). He comes to bed and licks the salt off my macadamia nuts while I’m munching and reading my Cybook. Then he has a drink at the washbasin tap while I clean my teeth, and then we both snuggle up under the quilt.
7. I weigh the same today as I did 26 years ago.
The third requirement is to list seven worthy bloggers. Now it’s not that I don’t know of seven worthy bloggers . . . I spend hours visiting fascinating blogs and leaving comments, but often it’s through blog-hopping and I don’t always keep track of where I’ve been. So, this is where I’m going to be naughty and add just one link. To Measi’s Musings. Measi is organsing the WIPocalpyse challenge and every full moon I visit the hundreds of bloggers who check in.